Getting to the Ramapo Rally at Campgaw Reserve
- Campgaw Reserve is a park located in Bergen County, New Jersey, about 20 miles north of the George Washington Bridge. It is close to Routes 17, 202, 208, and 287.
- Set your GPS Unit to: 200 Campgaw Road, Mahwah, NJ.
- Campgaw Reserve is also easily accessible via public transportation from NYC (or anywhere on the Main Bergen County NJ Transit Line). You’ll have to ride your bicycle 4.5 miles to Campgaw from the Ramsey train station.
Detailed Driving Directions
From East Bergen County and the George Washington Bridge:
Take State Route 4 West past Rt 17 to Route 208 North. Go ~10 mi, exit Summit Ave & continue to Franklin Ave (TL). Turn left for 0.5 miles to Pulis (TL). Turn right for ~1.5 miles to Campgaw Rd, turn left, continue 1.5 miles to Campgaw Mtn Reservation entrance on left. Turn right at yellow gate for start site but follow directions of parking crew. OR Route 17 North to Route 202 South & follow directions below “from Upstate NY.”
From South and Central New Jersey:
- Take Route 287 North, after Oakland take exit 59 onto Rt 208 South. Take Summit Ave exit, cross back over highway, then turn left on Franklin Ave @ TL, go 0.5 mi to Pulis (TL), turn right, go 1.5 miles to Campgaw Rd, turn left, park entrance is 1.5 miles on left.
- NJ Tpke North to I-80 West (local lanes) to Rt 17 North to Route 4 West to Route 208 North, exit Summit Ave, bear right at exit to TL at Franklin Ave, then follow directions above.
- Garden State Parkway to exit 160 (first exit past Bergen tolls), follow signs for Rt 208 North and follow directions above.
From Upstate NY (Suffern & North) (Exit off Route 17):
NY Thruway to exit 15, take I-287 South very briefly, then exit 66 to Route 17 South to Route 202 South (~0.5 mi from turnoff for Rt 17). Turn left at the end of the exit ramp and continue for 1.6 miles. After Ramapo College, turn L onto Darlington Avenue @ flasher. Bear right at the fork onto Campgaw Road. Campgaw Mtn Reservation entrance is about 1.2 miles on the right. Turn right at yellow gate for start site but follow directions of parking crew.
From Rockland or Westchester:
Take 287 West (~13 mi from TZ Bridge) to exit 15 (Route 17 South) to the Route 202 exit and turn left at the bottom of the ramp & follow directions from Route 17 South as above.
Train From NYC
Take the Morris & Essex Line from NY Penn Station to the Frank R Lautenberg Rail Station in NJ. Then take the Main Bergen County Line to Ramsey NJ Station (Not the Ramsey Rt 17 Station).
The start at Campgaw is 4.5 miles the Ramsey train station.
After getting off the train,
- either set your GPS to 200 Campgaw Road, Mahwah, NJ. Be sure to set your GPS to bicycle.
- or head north on Erie Plaza toward E Main St 250 ft, Turn left onto E Main St 0.2 miles, Continue onto Wyckoff Ave 0.6 miles, Turn right onto W Oak St 0.8 miles, Turn right onto Crescent Ave 203 ft, Continue onto Youngs Rd 1.0 miles, Slight right to stay on Youngs Rd 246 ft, Continue onto Campgaw Rd.