Thursday, November 14
Our guest speaker at the next general meeting on Thursday, November 14th, 7:30pm at the Ridgewood Library is Steve Vaccaro. Steve is an attorney specializing in representing cyclists and pedestrians. His firm, Vaccaro and White has helped hundreds of cyclists in New York and New Jersey get fair settlements. Mr. Vaccaro is an avid cyclist himself. His work for cyclists has been featured in the NY Times and CNN and he has been called by the New York Law Journal as “perhaps New York City’s best-known lawyer advocate for bicyclist and pedestrian rights.“ Mr. Vaccaro will speak about some of the cases he has handled and answer what will surely be a myriad of questions. You won’t want to miss this informative and empowering presentation.
Here is a sample of what will be discussed:
- cyclists “doored” or struck by motorists.
- families of cyclists killed on the road.
- cyclists injured by roadway defects or hazards.
- hit-and-run or uninsured motorist incidents.
- cyclists injured by intentional acts or victims of road rage.
- towns passing unfair legislation affecting cyclists.